- Check if another Miracast device is connected. If so, disconnect it and then try again.
- Wait 2 minutes between retries - this delay is due to the WiFi Direct design.
- If AirServer is only showing a black screen, you may need to restart your sending device and try again.
If you are streaming from an Android 5.0 (or higher) device, you can download the free AirServer Connect app and use that app to stream to AirServer on your computer. You can download the free AirServer Connect app through Google Play and Amazon.
If you are unable to start Miracast services on a compatible Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer:
- Try disabling the WiFi adapter and then re-enabling it again.
- If Cisco VPN client is installed on the PC, make sure that "stateful firewall" is turned off. Also ensure that "Deterministic Network Enhancer" which gets installed with Cisco VPN client is disabled.
- If VirtualBox is installed on the PC, disable the "VirtualBox Bridged Network Driver".
If the steps described above does not resolve the issue, follow these advance troubleshooting steps:
Warning: This procedure will delete all WiFi settings, including passwords remembered for known Wireless networks.
- Obtain the latest NDIS 6.4 WiFi driver/software for the WiFi adapter on your machine.
- Quit AirServer Universal.
- Open Device Manager and locate the WiFi adapter which can be found under Network Adapters.
- Right-click the WiFi adapter and choose Uninstall.
- When promoted to confirm, also enable "Delete the driver software for this device" and proceed.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the latest WiFi driver/software from Step 1.
- Launch AirServer Universal.
If this does not resolve the issue email us with the make and model of your WiFi adapter to email@example.com