Supported operating systems for AirPlay functionality:AirPlay allows you to stream from iOS or Mac devices to your PC. Operating systems that support AirPlay are:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7
- WIndows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
System Requirements for Miracast functionalityMiracast allows you to stream from Android or Windows devices to your PC. Please note, Miracast capabilities can only be enabled on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 based PC/Tablets. Additionally you also need:
- 64-bit version of AirServer Universal if using 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- 32-bit version of AirServer Universal if using 32-bit version of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- August 2014 Update (KB2975719) is installed. It is available via Windows Updates.
- WiFi adapter running Windows 8.1 specific driver (NDIS 6.4)
- Surface Pro
- Surface Pro 2
- Surface Pro 3
- Intel Wireless 7260 based PC (driver 17.13.11 or newer)
- Marvel AVASTAR Wireless AC based PC
- Broadcom BCM4360 based PC
- Any PC with a WiFi adapter running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 specific driver (NDIS 6.4)
Get-NetAdapter | Select Name, NdisVersion
PC's with older and incompatible WiFi adapters/drivers can use a compatible USB 3 adapter such as:
- Asus USB-AC 56 (Dual-Band Wireless-AC1200 USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter)
Known Miracast Limitations
- The recording feature is currently not available for Miracast-based sessions