The release notes for AirServer Connect 4K UHD hardware solution.
- Fixed Google Cast audio crackling.
- Added Bluetooth discovery for AirPlay which allows iOS devices and Macs to discover AirServer across networks as long as there is connectivity between the two.
- Added Single-user Mode, which automatically disconnects the previous device when a new device connects.
- Added an additional AirPlay Audio-only receiver.
- Added support for Wake-on-LAN.
- Enabled the onboard Wi-Fi to connect to a network. Selected USB Wi-Fi adapters are still supported but no longer required.
- Fixed Google Cast discovery with certain Android phones.
- Hotspot SSID and passphrase no longer rotate while devices are mirroring.
- Fixed some videos only playing audio when streaming YouTube over AirPlay.
- Fixed video playback restarting when interrupted by ads while streaming YouTube over AirPlay.
- Fixed a bug which caused Miracast Touchback to stop working if it was disabled and then re-enabled while the Miracast session was active.
- Fixed a bug which prevented automatic over-the-air updates to work on some devices.
- Background images are now automatically refreshed when the network state changes.
- Fixed connectivity issues on some Wi-Fi networks where security settings were not properly detected.
- The MAC address is now used as the client identifier in DHCP Option 61.
- Setting a fixed hotspot password, with a minimum of 8 characters, now pins the hotspot SSID and passphrase.
- Added an option to limit the screen mirroring resolution. This can be very useful in improving the performance on slow networks.
Version 2020.07.09 (plus minor update 2020.07.24)
- Google Cast adds experimental casting from apps - disabled by default.
- Miracast adds support for Windows ink using both active and passive pens.
- Miracast adds support for additional screen resolutions.
- Fixed protocol compatibility with Oculus update 18.
- Fixed issues with USB Wi-Fi adapters which prevented them from automatically reconnecting after a reboot or when the network connection dropped out.
- Improved Google Cast discovery.
- Improved touchscreen behavior while mirroring.
- Miracast connectivity issues from certain Android devices.
- Fixed Miracast touchback support from certain Android devices.
- Updated OS and kernel for improved system stability and security.
- AirPlay mirroring TCP port changed from 5000 to 7000 to improve compatibility with common network setups.
- Further secured Google Cast implementation making AirServer more secure than Chromecast.
- Some customers have reported that guest hotspot internet connectivity is lost after the update. Please try resetting all settings from the Tools menu if this occurs.
- Moderator Mode allows control of which sessions are displayed on-screen and can be used from Remote Management or on a touchscreen.
- Wi-Fi client isolation is enabled on the Built-in Hotspot.
- Remote Management supports HTTPS using TLS certificates.
- Miracast supports touch, keyboard/mouse and gamepad, across multiple connections.
- Miracast connectivity issues with some Android devices.
- Device stability issues in large network environments.
- Low audio volume level for Google Cast and Miracast.
- All new Remote Management interface.
- Added ability to turn off automatic updates.
- Added 802.1X PEAP support for wired and wireless networks.
- Added ability to connect to in-house Wi-Fi networks using a supported external USB Wi-Fi adapter. Check out the support article on our website to see a list of supported adapters.
- Fixed touchback in Miracast over infrastructure if PIN was enabled.
- Improved security, performance, and overall stability.
- Display Power Management is no longer enabled by default.
- Built-in hotspot no longer uses the upper 5GHz range by default to improve compatibility with some client devices.
- Support for Miracast touchback (multitouch UIBC) - controlling devices from the receiver
- 10 touch points
- Works on Windows and Android devices that support Miracast
- Possibility to control more than one device at a time
- Wi-Fi on 5GHz band for both hotspot and Miracast
- Increased Wi-Fi performance and bandwidth
- Channel selection (all available channels can be chosen, country dependent)
- Additional information about the current AP/P2P channel in use
- Reboot button in on-screen UI
- New high resolution background images
- Ethernet settings for static IP - preventing accidental jump from DHCP to static IP
- Analog Audio output level increased to standard consumer line levels - from -20dB to -10dB
- Miracast cursor no longer disappears under certain network conditions
- Improved mirroring performance when connected to a 4k display
- Miracast improvements
- RTCP session stability - prevents dropping connections
- Changes to dynamic streaming quality
- Wi-Fi improvements
- Vendor information in beacons
- Improved system stability with multiple devices on hotspot
- Kernel upgrade to 4.19.32
- Display sleep timer settings are now accessible in the device user interface
- Display sleep timer in device user interface can be set to minimum 30 seconds after user input (keyboard, mouse, ...). This can be set to 0 in the web interface.
- Support for DTLS
- Infracast IP beaconing if there exists a single IP
- Infracast PIN support - Only works with devices running Windows 10 build 1809 or later
- Support for ending current session - Ends all Wi-Fi and mirroring connections/sessions
- Option to show/hide buttons (End session and Wi-Fi QR code) on home screen
- Improved error handling in software updater - prevent updater from being stuck in update procedure
- Input validation fixed for display sleep timer in web management - prevent automatic overwrite of user inputted values
- The home screen QR code will not disappear after choosing Wi-Fi channel 'Auto'
- Wi-Fi channel auto-configuration now scans the channels instead of automatically choose channel 1
- Corrected minimum size of settings menu when configured as 'hidden' - enables the 'About' information to be readable
- Unplugged Ethernet cable will not change the IP static/dhcp settings - prevents the settings to default to 'static' when Ethernet link is not present
- Enabled mouse and/or touch in 'Reset All Settings' confirmation window - not only accepting keyboard input
- Dropped web management support for TLS versions older than 1.2
- Trivial improvements of UI text and layout
- Due to a bug in version 2.4.1 that some devices got, settings may be reverted to default settings. Please review the settings for the device after updating.
- Channel selection for guest Wi-Fi. AirServer Connect has automatic Wi-Fi channel selection based on measurements during startup. In some instances network administrators want to control the channels used for Wi-Fi and in version 2.4 three non-overlapping Wi-Fi channels can be selected from the web remote management interface.
- Remote Reboot from web remote management interface.
- Selectable DHCP scope for guest Wi-Fi from web remote management.
- Sleep timer setting. AirServer Connect can be set to stop video output after a period of inactivity. It will continue to be available and resume video output when a user starts mirroring or on touch from keyboard, mouse or touchpanel. Activating sleep timer and setting time to zero will give a sleep timer of 30 seconds.
- The connection status overlay (visible on touch or by pressing Space bar when devices are mirroring) now shows the mirroring protocol for each connected device.
Fixes and stability issues:
- Reverted to pre 2.2 Miracast settings for pin code. Versions 2.2 and 2.3 made pin code use more strict so that all users were asked for pin code. This causes some stability and discoverability issues with Windows 10. Version 2.4 requires pin code only for initial connection for ad-hoc users.
- Fix for Miracast when proxy is enabled.
- Enhanced pairing for Miracast in noisy networks.
- Fix for resolution not always being reported accurately when connecting.