What is Error (170)?
Windows Error 170 means "The requested resource is in use". This implies that another software is using up the resources required for Miracast to run on AirServer.
Possible causes of the error message:
- Another software such as Microsoft's "Connect" app, is currently using resources that are needed by AirServer's Miracast functionality.
- The WiFi drivers are not up to date or in an inconsistent state.
- Your computer does not have a WiFi Adapter. This is a requirement in order to use Miracast.
1. Turn off any other software that you suspect is using Miracast such as Microsoft's "Connect" app, then restart AirServer. If the error message is still being displayed after restarting AirServer, go ahead and restart your computer and the run AirServer.
If the above did not solve your issue, move on to step 2.
2. Download and install/re-install the latest updates for your Wireless Network Adapter then restart the computer.
If none of the above solves your issue, please contact our support team using the Contact Us form.