Windows 10 N and Windows 10 K lack certain media features that are required for AirServer to run. These can be added to Windows 10 N or K by installing the Windows 10 Media Feature Pack.
Without having the required Media Feature Pack installed, AirServer for Windows 10 (Windows Store) will not run and you will not be able to complete the installation of AirServer for Windows Universal.
Installing the Windows 10 Media Feature Pack
If you are using Windows 10 version 1903 or later, you can add the Media Feature Pack by following the steps below:
- Go to Start - Settings - Apps - Apps and features - Optional features - Add a feature.
- Find the Media Feature Pack in the list of available optional features and enable it.
Alternatively to the method above or if you are using Windows 10 version 1809 or older, you can also install or enable this with Powershell. In order to do this, you can follow the steps below:
- Open an administrative Powershell window by using the Windows Search bar to find Powershell and right-clicking on it.
- Enter the following command and press enter:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "MediaPlayback" -AllInstall
In some cases, it could be that the Media Feature Pack is correctly installed but it is not enabled in Windows Features. You can change that by following the steps below:
- Open the search field in your taskbar and enter "windows features".
- Then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" in the list.
- Find "Media Features" and make sure it is ticked in the list that appeared.