A list of compatible sending devices can be found in our Requirements-section of the knowledge base.
Miracast screen mirroring requires Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3 or newer. WDDM 1.3 was included with Windows 8.1.
To check the WDDM version, please follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + R, enter "dxdiag" and press ENTER.
- Let the tool (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) collect all information
- Press “Save All Information...”.
- Save and open the resulting text file and search for WDDM.
Miracast screen mirroring also requires a Miracast-compatible graphics adapter/card and a WiFi adapter/card with, at least, NDIS 6.3 drivers on both the receiving and transmitting device. If you are unsure about this, you can check whether or not your computer running AirServer supports Miracast by following these steps:
- Open up a Command Prompt window
- Write "netsh wlan show driver" and press ENTER
- The command prompt will show you whether or not your device is Miracast compatible
If the command prompt display the "The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running."-error, you can try to enable to. Instructions can be found in a dedicated support article.
To check if you are using the correct NDIS drivers, please follow these steps:
- Open Powershell and type “Get-NetAdapter | Select Name, NdisVersion”.
- The output will show NDIS versions that need to be 6.3 or higher for the Wi-Fi adapter.