With version 2.5 of the AirServer software, we introduced support for Miracast touchback - with support for up to 10 touchpoints. With version 2.6, we expanded that feature set by adding support for keyboard, mouse and gamepad input. This allows certain Miracast-enabled devices (like, for example, Windows 10 laptops or Samsung phones/tablets) to be controlled remotely from AirServer with touch. If you are mirroring multiple Miracast devices to AirServer at the same time, it is even possible to control multiple devices at the same time with touch.
You can enable touchback on Windows 10 as follows:
- Press the Windows Key + K
- Select the AirServer instance you want to mirror to
- Tick the "Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display" box
Some Samsung devices also allow for touch to be enabled when you enable mirroring.
- This feature is only available for AirServer Connect 4K UHD (2.7 or newer), AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition (2.6 or newer), AirServer for Xbox One (2.6 or newer) and AirServer for Surface Hub (2.6 or newer).
- This functionality is only available for Miracast as the Google Cast & AirPlay protocols do not support any form of touchback at this time.
- In order to use touchback, you will need to connect a touchscreen monitor to your computer, Xbox One or AirServer Connect 4K UHD.