It's easy to change the name being broadcasted by AirServer Universal.
- Open up AirServer Universal.
- Press the AirServer icon in the bottom menu bar and choose Settings...
- Change the Computer Name in the General tab.
- Restart AirServer Universal
Changing the broadcast name through the Windows Registry:
The 2 options below will change the broadcast name to ClassRoom 101 and make it so that all users on the computer who do not have Administrative access are unable to change the broadcast name within AirServer:
- Open up Command Prompt with elevated privileges and run the following command:
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\App Dynamic\AirServer" /v ComputerName /d "ClassRoom 101"
- create a registry file with the following:
Both options above will add a registry value within the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\App Dynamic\AirServer which will have priority over the registry values within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\App Dynamic\AirServer forcing all users on the computer to broadcast the same name selected within AirServer.