AirServer works great together with various webinar and web-conferencing applications, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx and GoToMeeting, but sometimes requires a small adjustment in the settings in order to be seen properly within those apps.
If AirServer is only shown as a black window in your web conference, it's likely caused by a limitation with those applications as they are not able to capture hardware-accelerated applications. This can be prevented by switching off the hardware acceleration inside AirServer. Please note that this greatly increases the performance requirements of your CPU but should not cause any issues on most modern computers.
- Open the Preferences... and go to the Display tab.
- There you can untick the box in front of "Use accelerated graphics if available".
- Make sure to restart AirServer Universal afterwards.
AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition
- Open the Settings by clicking the hamburger menu in the interface.
- Scroll down to Decoder and untick the box in front of "Use hardware-accelerated graphics".
- Make sure to restart AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition afterwards.
AirServer for Mac
- Open the Settings by clicking the AirServer icon in the top menu bar.
- Go to the Mirroring tab and tick the "Use Software Decoder Only" box.
- Make sure to restart AirServer for Mac afterwards.