On Android phones and tablets, it is possible to use the Google Home app from the Google Play Store to screen mirror to AirServer.
When would I need to use the Google Home app to screen mirror?
- If your device running AirServer does not support Miracast but your sending device requires it. This is for example the case when you have a Huawei or Xiaomi smartphone. These use Miracast to screen mirror.
- When you are using AirServer for Mac and your sending device requires Miracast to screen mirror. AirServer for Mac does support Google Cast but does not support Miracast.
How can I mirror using the Google Home app?
- Download the Google Home app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Find your AirServer receiver in the list of devices at the bottom after opening the app and press it.
- Tap "Cast my screen"
To stop mirroring, you can go back into the Google Home app, press your AirServer receiver and press "Stop mirroring".