Yes, this is possible when you are mirroring from your iPad/iPhone to AirServer for Mac. This allows you to tether your device to your Mac. In order to achieve this, you need a USB-C or Lightning cable (depending on which device you are mirroring).
- Make sure AirServer for Mac is running.
- Connect your iPad/iPhone with a Lightning or USB-C cable to your Mac.
- Switch off Wi-Fi on the iPad/iPhone.
Now you should already be able to mirror directly via the Lightning or USB-C cable. If you require internet connectivity on your device as well, you can enable this via your Mac by following these steps:
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Choose Sharing and select Internet Sharing in the left menu.
- Choose the device you wish to share internet to from your Mac (eg. iPad USB or iPhone USB).
- Make sure to tick the box in front of Internet Sharing after you enabled sharing with your device.