AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition is available in the Microsoft Store but in some setups, such as in educational environments, access to the Microsoft Store can be restricted. Therefore we have made available an alternative way of deploying AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition via the Windows 10 AppInstaller. This version is kept up-to-date in the background without requiring additional administrative rights.
Installing AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition with the new AppInstaller
- Open a PowerShell window.
- In case you are installing AirServer on Windows 10 K or N edition, you must enable Windows 10 Media Feature Pack. This can be done by running the following command:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "MediaPlayback" -AllInstall
- To install AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition, you can run the following command:
Add-AppxPackage -AppInstallerfile https://download.airserver.com/uwp/desktop/x64/AirServer.appinstaller
- Once installed, AirServer can be activated by entering:
start airserver://activate?key=ActivationCode (replace ActivationCode with your own license key)
More details about the AppInstaller package can be found here: https://download.airserver.com/uwp/desktop/x64/index.html
Tips & tricks
- Running AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition on startup can be achieved by copying a shortcut into the folders mentioned below:
- Startup for all users: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.
- Startup for only the logged-in user: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.