iOS 14 adds a new network-permission-prompt for added security. This prompt seems to cause some issues with our AirServer Connect iOS app. We will update our app to resolve this problem but a workaround can be found by following the steps below.
Please note that in most cases, such as on a home network, you do not need to use the app to mirror. More about this can be found in our knowledge base.
When using the AirServer Connect app for the first time on iOS 14:
- Download AirServer Connect from the iOS App Store.
- Open the app and press the "Scan QR Code" button (more information on how to show the QR code can be found in a dedicated article).
- Press OK on the camera-permissions prompt.
- Press OK on the network-permissions prompt.
- Press Back in the top left corner.
- Now you can run through the process again without encountering any errors when adding the AirServer receiver.
When you have already denied the network-security prompt:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Swipe down on the middle to make the Search field appear.
- Search for "Connect" to bring up our AirServer Connect app settings.
- Make sure to enable "Local Network".
- Now you will be able to use the app again.