There can be several causes for when you receive an "Unable to connect to xxxx" error message when trying to mirror from your iPhone or iPad.
First, we recommend running through the support articles in regard to discovery issues before attempting further troubleshooting. The most common issues are handled in the articles below:
- I am unable to see AirServer for Mac as a destination to mirror to
- I am unable to see AirServer Xbox Edition as a destination to mirror to
- I am unable to see AirServer Windows 10 Desktop Edition as a destination to mirror to
- I'm unable to discover or see AirServer Universal in my list of mirroring destinations
If that does not work, you can try the following:
- Switch off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in the settings (not Control Center) and restart the iPhone/iPad. Then switch them back on.
- Try resetting the network settings on your iPhone/iPad. To reset your Network Settings, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please note that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN & APN settings that you’ve used before.
- Put your iPhone/iPad in AirPlane mode (make sure Wi-Fi is disabled) and open the Screen Mirroring list. Let the list clear itself by waiting for 10 seconds. Close it, disable AirPlane Mode and try looking for AirServer again. This will force a refresh of the Screen Mirroring receiver list.
- If you are using any kind of VPN connection on your iPhone/iPad, try disabling that connection and test again.