Starting with version 2021.01.29, we enabled the onboard Wi-Fi to connect to a wireless network. Selected USB Wi-Fi adapters, for which support was added in version 2.6, still work but are no longer required.
Connecting to a wireless network:
- Go to the Remote Management for the AirServer Connect you wish to wirelessly connect to your network.
- Select "Network" in the left menu.
- Select your wireless network and enter the password.
How can I migrate from using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to the onboard Wi-Fi?
- Switch off AirServer Connect by pressing the Power button.
- Unplug the Wi-Fi adapter.
- Switch AirServer Connect back on.
- Go to the Remote Management and connect to your wireless network.
- Unplugging the USB Wi-Fi adapter while AirServer is switched on does not work and will prevent you from using Wi-Fi until a reboot is done.
- Saved networks for the USB Wi-Fi adapter do not automatically transfer to the onboard Wi-Fi. You will have to reconnect to your network by entering the credentials again.
- Though no longer required, the following USB Wi-Fi adapters work with AirServer Connect. Please note that support might be deprecated in a future update.
- Panda Wireless PAU09 (Chipset: Ralink RT5572)
- Asus USB-AC56 (Chipset: Realtek RTL8812AU)
- D-Link DWA-160 (Chipset: Atheros AR9001U-2NX)
- Supported USB WiFi dongles can only be used with the front USB port (marked with yellow) as it supplies additional power.